[R] Retain last grouping after a strsplit()

Paul Miller pjmiller_57 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 14:55:19 CET 2012

Hi Steven,

Not sure if you want to understand regular expressions in general or just the solution to your particular problem. If it's the former and you'd be willing to read a book on the subject, I'd recommend "Mastering Regular Expressions" by Jeffrey Friedl. I'm about halfway through now, and think the book is excellent. I'm developing an understanding that I feel is much harder to obtain solely from the documentation that is available online.

Thanks,

Paul