[R] Chi-squared test when observed near expected

David L Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Tue Dec 4 14:56:49 CET 2012

When you typed x as a command, R runs the command print(x). That function
produces a summary of the results which may include round off numbers to a
few decimal places to make them more readable. When you typed x$statistic,
you got the unrounded version of the result 5.6e-31 which I think you will
agree is pretty close to 0.

David L Carlson
Associate Professor of Anthropology
Texas A&M University