[R] Forest plot

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Dec 4 12:26:34 CET 2012

At 20:39 03/12/2012, Min Dong wrote:
>Hi, I am a novice in R. It will be greatly appreciated if someone
>can advise me with the following questions.

There are at least three packages available from CRAN (meta, metafor,
rmeta) which draw forest plots so it would help us if you had told us
which one you are using.

>1) How to highlight reference range in forest plot? For example, if 1.5-2
>is the reference range, I would like to have all the area between 1.5-2 to
>be highlighted (such as in grey color).

Are you really using a forest plot for a meta-analysis or for some
other purpose?

>2) If I have handunds of objects, how to set the output plot to multiple
>columns? For example, I have 500 objects included, and I want to have
>objects 1-100 to the left (column #1), 101-200 in column#2 (next to
>column#1)...etc, ect, how to do it?

It would be unusual to have a meta-analysis with so many studies
included so I assume you are doing something else.

>Thank you very much!
>
>Mindy
>
>         [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Michael Dewey