[R] gamcheck doubts

Tania Mendo Aguilar Tania.MendoAguilar at utas.edu.au
Thu Dec 6 07:21:29 CET 2012

Dear All,

I am fitting scallop count data to negative binomial GAMs. I have two significant parameters that explain 43%of the deviance. The adjusted r square is 0.25. The gam.check function gives me the figure attached. In the graph of linear predictor vs. residuals there seems to be more negative residual values than positive. Is that telling me that the fit is underestimating the response? Can I accept this model?

Tania Mendo
PhD Candidate | Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies (IMAS)
University of Tasmania