[R] Reading JSON files from R

m.dr monosij.forums at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 04:30:28 CET 2012

Hello All -

I am trying to use RJSONIO to read in some JSON files.

I was wondering if anyone could please comment on the level of complexity of
the files it can be used to read, exports from or directly from NoSQL DBMS
like MongoDB and such.

Also, i understand that in reading the JSON file RJSONIO will automatically
create the necessary structures. However I cannot seem to use to to read the
file properly and get this error:

Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function "fromJSON", for signature
"missing", "NULL"

The call I am making is:
noSqlData <- fromJSON(file='data.json')

It is a small file - with 3 levels of nested records.

And if there were some links to some examples with a file and usage would be
great. My JSON file validates - so do not believe there is anything wrong
with the file.

Thanks for your help.