[R] Sullivan, Timmerman and White 1999: TA rules, and R

rahul143 rk204885 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 17:23:06 CET 2012

Friends

I am trying to save myself some tedious work.

I am processing a paper from  "The Journal Of Finance * Vol. LIV, No. 5
October 1999" by Sullivan,  Timmerman and  White.  "Data-Snooping,
Technical Trading Rule Performance, and the Bootstrap"

I am aiming to reproduce their results using the same  TA rules as they
used.

They describe the rules they use in English and I am in the process of
trying to programme them into R.  But if some one has already done this
it would save me a pile of work.

It would be nice to just grab some rules from the TTR package, but
because of the way STW describe the rules it is quite a lot of work to
calculate what parameters to use.

So I am clutching at a straw here:  If anybody could point me in a
better direction than slogging through the English text and trying to
match that with the TTR docs I would be grateful

-----
TO GET MORE DETAILS CLICK HERE