[R] Problem installing Rmpi with Open MPI

Linh Tran Tranlm at berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 30 05:07:39 CEST 2012

Thank you for the advice. I tried using the command, and it still
wouldn't load.

I tried uninstalling all of the MPI interfaces, reinstalled openmpi
using the "--enabled-shared --disable-dlopen" command, and Rmpi was able
to install sucessfully inside R.

Thank you to Prof Ripley for pointing that out! I think it was shared
and dlopen options that kept preventing me from succeeding.