[R] how to put barchart and line chart in the same plot in ggplot2

xin wei xinwei at stat.psu.edu
Sun Aug 5 02:17:58 CEST 2012

dear userR:
I am trying to plot two dependent variables in the same plot in ggplot2.
because these two variables have very different magnitude, I have to use a
second Y axis. I hope one variable to be line and the other to be barchart.
The x axis is continuous. Yet since I have to make barchart, I guess I have
to treat it as discrete or categorical.
I have been google searching for the whole afternoon but do not have any
clue.
Can anyone give me a direction (not have to be a complete answer...)?

many thanks