[R] Correlating different sets of variables?

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 23:13:22 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 3:47 PM, danobolg321 <danobolg321 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a fairly entry level question - so any guidance on this would be
> appreciated...
>
> I have two sets of residuals, one of 100 values (A), and one of 10,000
> values (B). There are 50 paired sets of these values. The data is in the
> form of two matrices (100x50 and 10,000x50).
>
> The goal is to correlate the residuals from A and B, to identify a those B
> values that go up when a single A value goes up, and so on.
>
> Is there a specific package that is well set up for this?

I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you're looking for -- what do you
mean to "correlate" the residuals?

A random guess suggests that some combination of findInterval() and
sort() might get what you need -- also perhaps cut() or quantile() --
but a small reproducible example would be really helpful here. This
page gives some good advice on how to craft one:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

Best,
Michael