[R] Package "demography" - calculating percentiles of survival probabilities distribution

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Apr 21 14:30:59 CEST 2012

On Apr 21, 2012, at 6:05 AM, jolo999 wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> thanks for your patience and your comment. Unfortunately, your code
> - if I
> understood it correctly - is still not what I am looking for. I try to
> describe an example as you suggested:

I was asking for a working example (as implied by suggesting you could
start with one of the examples in the package help pages.)  Not a hand-
waving exercise.

> I assume that the Lee-Carter-Forecast-Modell generates different
> sample
> paths or simulation runs, e.g. 1000 simulations.

Produce the code that does this. I offered code that produced a L-C-M
forecast and that object (as far as I can tell)  doesn't meet
assumptions you are making. So you must be using different code (or
you have  a deeper understanding than I.)

--
David.