[R] simple read in with zoo using POSIXlt

knavero knavero at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 14:30:37 CEST 2012

Easy question a bit. So here's my code:

http://pastebin.com/F4iQPVy5

I am trying to read in a series of timestamps. However with POSIXlt as FUN
in read.zoo, the output is merely two numbers and is not the output that I'm
hoping for. The code above should reproduce the error.

Here is code that shows what I want it to do:

http://pastebin.com/GEPZ5R9B

The problem though, is that it's not that elegant since POSIXlt is outside
of read.zoo. Wondering if there's a way to put POSIXlt inside read.zoo and
compress things a bit to make the code run faster. Any ideas? Thanks.

Also, if there's any issues reading the file i uploaded to dropbox directly
off of the net with the code above, just use this:

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4557138/test.txt test.txt

Hope I covered everything in a compact reproducible manner. Sorry if I made
a noob mistake. Still kind of new.