[R] Printing an xtable with type = html

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Sep 28 12:21:15 CEST 2011

I have been playing around with producing tables using xtable and the
type = "html" argument when printing. For example, if xtbl is the output
of a dataframe which has been run through xtable, using the command:

print(xtbl, type = "html",
       html.table.attributes = "border = '1', align = 'center'")

I would be interested to see other examples of the use of xtable to
produce html. There is a whole vignette on using xtable to produce all
sorts of tables for incorporation into a TeX document but I have found
no examples of producing html with any table attributes.

Ideally xtable should be able to access a css file but I don't see any
mechanism for doing that. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

David Scott

David Scott	Department of Statistics
		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
		Auckland 1142,    NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 923 5055, or +64 9 373 7599 ext 85055
Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz,  Fax: +64 9 373 7018