[R] Plots: I've deleted axes, now to delete space

Schatzi adele_thompson at cargill.com
Fri May 13 22:13:18 CEST 2011

I am plotting 28 plots on one screen:
par(mfrow=c(4,7))
for (i in 1:28) {
a<-seq(1,3,1)
plot(a,a, ann=FALSE)
}

I want a main title for all the plots (I tried using main but that doesn't
work). I deleted the axes, but am not sure how to delete the space. There
are such large margins between plots so the plots themselves are very small.
If I delete the margins I can leave them all on one page as there are only 6
points (3 in the example) per plot.

-----
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they are not - Albert Einstein