[R] Snow/Snowfall hangs on windows 7

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu May 12 11:12:18 CEST 2011

On 28.04.2011 09:57, Truc wrote:
> Dear Anna !
>
> I have the same problem with Window 7 - 64 bits.
> If I use R 2.12.2 with snow packages 0.3-3. It works well. But with R 2.13.0
> with the same snow packages.
> It just hang. I start R (Run as administrator), turn off firewall ... But it
> seems R .13.0 version of socket connect to window has been changed ???
> That 's my experience so far.

I was just on a Windows 7 64bit machine and tried to verify some older
reports. For this one:

the example in ?parApply

library("snow")
cl <- makeSOCKcluster(c("localhost","localhost"))
parSapply(cl, 1:20, get("+"), 3)

works fine with R-2.13.0 in 32-bit and 64-bit and snow 0.3-3. Since you
have not given a single line of code, it is hard to help.

Uwe Ligges