[R] Odp: Is this confict of different versions of R or something else?

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Wed May 4 16:30:37 CEST 2011

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 04.05.2011 12:44:04:

> TheSavageSam <jujokopr at jyu.fi>
> Odeslal: r-help-bounces at r-project.org
>

> Hello!
>
> I have had some problems lately with use of R at home and school. At my
home
> laptop (Ubuntu linux 64bit & R-2.12.0) R works just fine. But when I
take my
> codes to school(Windows XP 32bit & R-2.10.1 I think) and run those there
> those codes probably won't work. Functions as combinations() didn't work
and
> expand.grid() worked a bit differently. About expand.grid I just
couldn't
> pass a dataframe of parametres but I had to pass all the colums
separately.

> Is this because my university has so old version of R? Or is it because
I am
> using Linux at home? Or is it because some libraries aren't installed?
> I like R very much, but if there is difference between R in different
> operating systems, then I dislike that.

Hm. Untill now I thought that different versions are for introducing new
features, properties or enhanced computing. You can not expect that
everything what works in new version will work in any older version.

There can be slight issues with different operation systems, however I
believe the biggest problem is old R version in your school PC.

Regards
Petr