[R] Time-series analysis with treatment effects - statistical approach

J.Morgenroth jmo101 at student.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jun 22 04:24:08 CEST 2011

Hello all R listers,
I'm struggling to select an appropriate statistical method for my data set.
I have collected soil moisture measurements every hour for 2 years. There
are 75 sensors taking these automated measurements, spread evenly across 4
treatments and a control. I'm not interested in being able to predict soil
future soil moisture trends, but rather in knowing whether the treatment
affected soil moisture response overall.  In particular, it would be
interesting to inspect treatment related response within defined periods.
For example, a visual inspection of my data suggests that soil moisture is
equivalent across treatments during wet winter months, but during the dry
summer months, a treatment effect appears.

Any help on this topic would be very appreciated. I've looked far and wide
through academic literature for similar experimental designs, but have not
had any success as yet.

Cheers,
Justin

Dr. Justin Morgenroth