[R] rcspline.plot query

Frank Harrell f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Sat Jun 11 14:11:00 CEST 2011

The error message is literally true, as you did not specify any data to the
function at all.  Please read the documentation.  Also, note that
rcspline.plot is largely replaced by the R rms package, although it may have
value if there is only one predictor and that predictor is continuous.  Also
note spelling of "logistic".

You will need to load the rms package when using rcspline.plot anyway.

When reading SPSS files you may find the Hmisc package's spss.get function
useful.  You've already loaded Hmisc if using rcspline.plot.

Please follow the posting guide.
Frank

Georgios Chalikias wrote:

> Dear all,
>
>  As I am new to the R community - although eager to advance- I would
>  like to pose a question to the community.
>
>  I have an SPSS file which I have imported it in R (with the read.spss
>  command) which conists of scale (continuous) variable "adiponectin" and
>  the corresponding categorical value "death" (0=No, 1=Yes). In all there
>  are 60 observations (among which there are 26 events).
>
>  I am trying to do rcspline.plot (model="logisitc", nk=5, knots=NULL)
>  however the error message that i get is "fewer than 6 non missing
>  observations".
>
>  I have repeated the process with a similar dataset of 300 observations
>  (instead of 60) and I still get the same message.
>
>  Can anybody suggest a hint ?
>
>  Kind regards
>
>  Georgios Chalikias MD,PhD
>  Senior Lecturer in Cardiology