[R] Memory(RAM) issues

Abhisek Saha tading at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 07:47:05 CEST 2011

Thanks Anupam for your inputs. I believe there are two ways to
circumvent the issue...1> making the code more efficient 1> Increasing
the memory in some way.The reasons why I did not paste the code are 1>
It is long and using quite a number of functions that  I created 2>
Secondly my intention is not to make the code more efficient if that's
possible. Here landing into a memory problem with 2 GB RAM is natural
as my analysis entails 1500 simulations from huge multivariate
distributions that change after every simulation and tomorrow I may
have to do similar analysis with 10 million observations * 20 columns.

In view of above I shall be needing more memory sometime later and my
IT friends are ready to support me for that(probably with a sandbox)
but I am not sure whether I can install probably a servor version of R
that can be capable of working with 8GB or so RAM. So it is more of
technical help I need and I have no clue regarding the plausibility of
the solution mentioned( i.e. a servor version of R that is capable of
more memory).

Regards,
Abhisek