[R] error with geomap in googleVis

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 9 12:18:52 CEST 2011

> To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
> From: mjphipps at tpg.com.au
> Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 10:14:01 +0000
> Subject: Re: [R] error with geomap in googleVis
>
> SNV Krishna  primps.com.sg> writes:
>

> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am unable to get the plot geomap in googleVis package. data is as follows
> >
> > > head(index.ret)
> > country ytd
> > 1 Argentina -10.18
> > 2 Australia -3.42
> > 3 Austria -2.70
> > 4 Belgium 1.94
> > 5 Brazil -7.16
> > 6 Canada 0.56
> >
> > > map1 = gvisGeoMap(index.ret,locationvar = 'country', numvar = 'ytd')
> > > plot(map1)
> >
> > But it just displays a blank page, showing an error symbol at the right
> > bottom corner. I tried demo(googleVis), it also had a similar problem. The
> > demo showed all other plots/maps except for those geomaps. Could any one
> > please hint me what/where could be the problem? Many thanks for the idea and
> > support.

I had never used this until yesterday but it seems to generate html.
I didn't manage to get a chart to display but if you are familiar
with this package and html perhaps you could look at map1$html
and see if anything is obvious. One great thing about html/js
is that it is human readable and you can integrate it
well with other page material without much in the way of special
tools.

> > Regards,
> >
> > SNV Krishna
> >
> > [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
> >

> Hi All,
>
> I have also encountered this problem. I have tested the problem in Windows XP

3.0. I
> have latest java and flash and I have tried both Firefox and IE (both latest

k just