[R] error with geomap in googleVis

Michael Phipps mjphipps at tpg.com.au
Wed Jun 8 12:14:01 CEST 2011

SNV Krishna <krishna <at> primps.com.sg> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I am unable to get the plot geomap in googleVis package. data is as follows
>
> > head(index.ret)
>     country    ytd
> 1 Argentina -10.18
> 2 Australia  -3.42
> 3   Austria  -2.70
> 4   Belgium   1.94
> 5    Brazil  -7.16
> 6    Canada   0.56
>
> > map1 = gvisGeoMap(index.ret,locationvar = 'country', numvar = 'ytd')
> > plot(map1)
>
> But it just displays a blank page, showing an error symbol at the right
> bottom corner. I tried demo(googleVis), it also had a similar problem. The
> demo showed all other plots/maps except for those geomaps. Could any one
> please hint me what/where could be the problem? Many thanks for the idea and
> support.
>
> Regards,
>
> SNV Krishna
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Hi All,

I have also encountered this problem.  I have tested the problem in Windows XP
with R 2.13.0, Windows 7 with R 2.13.0, Ubuntu 11.04 32bit with R 2.13.0.  I
have latest java and flash and I have tried both Firefox and IE (both latest
versions under Windows 7).  All other plots exceot geomap in googleVis work just
fine.

I too would like to know how to solve this problem.

Kind regards,

Michael Phipps