[R] library 'ts' not available?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jul 26 02:42:32 CEST 2011

On Jul 22, 2011, at 5:03 PM, cplusplus programmer wrote:

> hi,
> When I type library(ts) (I am working on an ubuntu machine), I get the
> following error:
>
>> library(ts)
> Error in library(ts) : there is no package called 'ts'

You would have needed to have earlier installed that package before
trying to load it.

> I did a few google searches and it seems like ts is no longer
> available....is that correct?
> It seemed to me that I would need to download Rmetrics instead....is
> that
> the replacement for ts.

To do ... what?

> Please let me know how I can get access to the ts libraries....

This is a bit of a puzzle for me. I cannot find evidence that there
ever was a "ts" package. (.... of course this does not sound like a
question for Google but rather one for the packages pages of CRAN or r-
forge.)

  I looked in the archived and orphaned packages

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/

  ... none named "ts" A ts-class, perjaps? That is in the core packages.

Looking in r-forge:

https://r-forge.r-project.org/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=time+series&Search=Search

None named "ts" ... FinTS, yes. "xts", yes

  Looking at the Time Series Task view...

http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/TimeSeries.html

... no "ts" package. Many other packages however.

--
David.