[R] help on panel.superpose

Bharath Kumar bharath.kumar at merck.com
Fri Jul 22 23:31:36 CEST 2011

Dear users,

I am new to R and have couple of problems with xyplot.

A) I am trying to use the xyplot to plot mean concentration vs time across 5
dose groups.

When i use the following script
xyplot(mean~time,groups=dose,type="b",panel=panel.superpose). R generates
the plot, but i have no control over pch or color for the line. It displays
whatever color and pch it wants to generate. How do i fix this.

B) I am trying to use the same function to plot individual data across dose
groups

xyplot(conc~time|dose,groups=subject,type="l") works. But it would be great
if anyone can shed light on how to superimpose the mean profile for each
dose group within that panel

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Kumar