[R] User input(unknown name and number of files)

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 21:26:53 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Bansal, Vikas <vikas.bansal at kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I need your help as I was not able to find out the solution.I sent this message before but did not get any help.Please help me.

You only sent the message yesterday!!! (then again a few hours ago,
and *again* just now)

rather than hard code what you are doing, create a function that takes
a data file and outputs the type of data you want.  Then just:

lapply(c("file1", "file2", etc.), yourfunction)

will create a list of all the output.

Josh

> The thing is-
> I am having a code which is reading file with this code-
>
> df=read.table("Case2.pileup",fill=T,sep="\t",colClasses="character")
>  but as am making a tool so that user can use it and can do analysis on his file.But the name of the file will not be Case2.pileup and I want to use this code so that user can input as many files as he want.My code is like this-
>
> df=read.table("Case2.pileup",fill=T,sep="\t",colClasses="character")
> df$V9 <-  apply(df, 1, function(x) gsub("\\:|\\$|\\^|!|\\-|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|10", "",x[9]))
> df$V10 <- sapply(df$V10, function(a)
>  paste(as.integer(charToRaw(a)), collapse = ' '))
> capture.output(print.data.frame(df,row.names=F), file = "end.txt", append = FALSE)
>
> I know it should do it with for loop and an array.I want that if user input 12 files,the dataframe name df should be different for all the 12 files.
>
> Can you please tell me how can I do this.
>

> Thanking you,
> Warm Regards
> Vikas Bansal
> Msc Bioinformatics