[R] How to get predicted values of y for different x values?

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Tue Jul 19 23:12:44 CEST 2011

Please read the posting guide (requires a self-contained example of code) and
consult the help pages before posting. If you type ?predict.lm the help page
clearly states that the argument 'newdata' takes "[a]n optional data frame
in which to look for variables with which to predict..."

x1<-rnorm(100)
x2<-rnorm(100)
e<-rnorm(100)
y<-x1+x2+x1*x2+e
reg<-lm(y~x1*x2)
summary(reg)
predict(reg,newdata=data.frame(x1=2,x2=2))

HTH,
Daniel