[R] Rcompression on MAC - where is it?

Eduardo M. A. M. Mendes emammendes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 03:04:56 CEST 2011

Dear Peter

many thanks for your reply.

I am new to R (and MAC) but I had no problem to get my MAC to run gcc and gfortran (years of experience on linux).

Although I have Parallels and Vmware Fusion installed on my MAC, I am not running windows.

I have downloaded rcompression.tar, untared it, /configure and make install.  On R, I have issued "library(Rcompression)" and zip is now available on R sessions.

> Packages & Data -> Package Installer -> Local source package

I could not find the option local source package on MAC.

Many thanks

Ed