[R] Taking inputs from the user

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:13:47 CEST 2011

Give them an Excel spreadsheet that they can fill in the values.  They
can then send the spreadsheet to you can you can have your R script
read the information from it and send it back.  You did not mention
how they are supposed to"get the output".  Do you want to setup a
central server that can receive the email, run the script and then
send back the results?

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Verma, Ankur <ankur.verma at genpact.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently a new user in R and was working on the randomForest package. I am trying to predict price points using this statistical package. The issue is that I need to setup a tool so that I can give it to Sales Executive who can plug in the necessary variables and get the output. Is there a way to do that ?? They don't have R on their systems and I doubt they are going to install it.
>
> Need urgent help on this.
>
> Thanks,
> Ankur
>
> This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only
> by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and disclosure or copying of its
> contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients must notify the sender immediately
> by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or disclosing it to a third person.

Jim Holtman
Data Munger Guru