[R] Create simulated data's using mvrnorm

Aparna Sampath aparna.sampath26 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:31:10 CEST 2011

Hi All

This might be something very trivial but I seem to miss something in the
syntax or logic which makes me keep wandering around the problem without
arriving at a solution.

What I want to do is to simulate a sample data for performing cluster
analysis. I tried to use
x1= mvrnorm(10,rep(0.8,3),diag(3))
x2= mvrnorm(10,rep(0,3),diag(3))
x3= mvrnorm(10,rep(-0.5,3),diag(3))

x=rbind(x1,x2,x3)

I would like use table() to see if the separation is wide apart such that
the first 10 rows of x are clustered together. for eg: when I use table()
and if I get an ouptut like

        1     2      3
1      10    0      0

2      0     10     0

3      0      0     10

Is there any way to get this kind of output?

Thanks a lot! :)