[R] Contour plot with time on both X-axis (day) and on Y-axis (hours)

Xavier Bodin xavier.bodin at univ-savoie.fr
Thu Jan 13 13:54:11 CET 2011

Hello all,

I'd like to graphically represent an hourly temperature timeseries (
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3215785/data.csv data.csv , and see
below for pre-process of the data) with the R functions image + contour. To
do that I wrote that script :
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3215785/Timetemp.r Timetemp.r , which
basically :
 - creates the x-axis, a vector which will contain the days,
 - creates the y-axis, a vector which will contain the hours of the day,
 - creates the z-matrix, which has x columns and y rows,
 - plots the image+contour graph of the x-y-z dataset.

This works fine, except that I have some troubles with the time format : I
can't set a date (day/month/year) to the x-axis of the resulting graph.

Does anyone knows where the pb is ?

Thanks !

xav

||| Pre-process of data.csv:

data <- na.omit(read.csv("data.csv", header = T, sep = ",", dec = "."))
data <- data[,-1]
data[[1]] <- strptime(data[[1]], "%m/%d/%y %I:%M:%S %p", tz =
"America/Santiago")