[R] Problems producing quantreg-Tables

Jan Henckens jan at henckens.de
Tue Jan 11 07:19:33 CET 2011

Hi Folks,

I've got a question regarding the 'quantreg' package maintained by Roger
Koenker:

I tried to produce LaTeX tables using the longtable and dcolumn options
as decribed in the manual, but the function latex() doesn't seem to
react on _any_ other options than 'digits' and 'transpose'.

To reproduce these results the following minimal example may be used:

require(quantreg)
setwd("c:/temp")
data(engel)
fit2 <-
summary(rq(foodexp~income,tau=c(0.05,0.25,0.5,0.75,0.95),data=engel))
# This code produces a table with _no_ caption
latex(fit2, caption="Engel's Law")

I already tried to use different versions of the package but this
problem seems to be persistent. The usage of latex() should be correct
since I adapted it to the vignette (p. 6,
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/quantreg/vignettes/rq.pdf).

I'm using R 2.12.1 with 'quantreg' v4.53 on Windows XP.

I hope anyone can help?

Best regards,
Jan Henckens

--
jan.henckens | jöllenbecker str. 58 | 33613 bielefeld
tel 0521-5251970