[R] Error on loading libraries -

Brian Diggs diggsb at ohsu.edu
Mon Jan 10 20:19:18 CET 2011

On 1/8/2011 12:29 PM, primozv wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I'm working this school project in R and everything was fine until I moved
> to other computer.
> The problem is that I can't load few libraries like "Snowball" or "openNLP".
>
> Like I said, everything was fine on other computers, but at the moment, the
> only computer
> is this one that I'm finding error on.
>
> So here is the problem:
>
> I install library "Snowball" for example.
>
> When I call library(Snowball)  I get next error:
>
> Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'Snowball', details:
>    call: .jinit()
>    error: unable to find the basic String class
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Snowball

Complete shot in the dark, because I've never used that package, but
because it depends on rJava and the error is in .jinit() that the
problem may be in the Java installation on that machine rather than
something with the package or R.

--
Brian S. Diggs, PhD
Senior Research Associate, Department of Surgery