[R] iPhone 3G App For R?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 04:35:03 CET 2011

On Jan 2, 2011, at 9:35 PM, Roy Mendelssohn wrote:

> Check the archive for r-sig-mac (https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/
> ).  There has been extensive discussion about this.  If memory
> serves  (and it rarely does anymore :-)  )  the issue is mainly
> licensing, there already exists the ability to compile to the ARM
> processor.

For R to be ported to the IPhone or iPad, there would needed to be
approval by Apple which has rather emphatically stated that it does
not want languages or alternate development systems ported. I believe
that terminal emulators already exist if you wanted to configure your
computer as a server. So depending on the precise meaning of the
phrase "app for R" the answer could be yes or no. The modifier "3G"
would appear to be meaningless in this discussion.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT