[R] iPhone 3G App For R?

Roy Mendelssohn Roy.Mendelssohn at noaa.gov
Mon Jan 3 03:35:43 CET 2011

Check the archive for r-sig-mac (https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/).  There has been extensive discussion about this.  If memory serves  (and it rarely does anymore :-)  )  the issue is mainly licensing, there already exists the ability to compile to the ARM processor.

-Roy M.

On Jan 2, 2011, at 6:28 PM, Shige Song wrote:

> Does iphone even support the GNU tool chain?
>
> Shige
>
> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Ben Ward <benjamin.ward at bathspa.org> wrote:
>> On 02/01/2011 23:28, Mkip wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if a free iphone 3G app for R is available now?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Matilda Gogos

>> I remember looking into it last academic year, because I knew there were
>> SQLite programs on iPhone and I was interested in remote data collection
>> with iPhone and initial analysis and viewing of data in R. But as I remember
>> there isn't one yet. There may be some scope for R in android phones,
>> because I read somewhere that some allow access to a terminal, which might
>> alleviate the need for coding a gui for the phone. But I'm not an app coder
>> so I wouldn't know the specifics of such a task and phone.

**********************
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst