[R] Write File to Shared Drive

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 20:45:56 CET 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Stuart Jaffe wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm trying to write a file to a shared drive on a network. I use the
> "write.csv" function with the correct path but R doesn't recognize the
> directory. Is there something different I have to do since it's a shared
> drive?
> Thanks.

Check that you actually do have permissions to write to the directory
you want to write to, and that the directory name is correct (remember
that R always uses forward slashes in paths). Also, IIRC you need the
permissions to see (read) all parent directories of the directory you
want to write to.

Peter