[R] Custom XML Readers

pl.rudy at gmail.com pl.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 17:20:33 CET 2011

Thanks all for helpful advise,  however I'm still running in to an error
while trying to run "readSolrDoc"  provided by Ducan Temple Lang.  The
documents I'm trying to parse come from  solr and look very much like the
example provided on http://www.omegahat.org/RSXML/

I'm not that familiar with the XML package yet and I'm having difficulty
figuring out what is wrong, has any one encountered similar error or knows
how to handle this?

This is the error I'm getting:
> error parsing attribute name
attributes construct error
Couldn't find end of Start Tag lst line 2
Opening and ending tag mismatch: response line 1 and lst
Extra content at the end of the document
Error in readSolrDoc(xmlParse(doc), ...) :
  error in evaluating the argument 'doc' in selecting a method for function
'readSolrDoc': Error: 1: error parsing attribute name
2: attributes construct error
3: Couldn't find end of Start Tag lst line 2
4: Opening and ending tag mismatch: response line 1 and lst
5: Extra content at the end of the document