[R] Latent class multinomial (or conditional) logit using R?

adanmartinez amartinezcruz at arec.umd.edu
Sat Dec 24 01:25:45 CET 2011

Hi Christian,
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
As you expected, lcmixed does not provide more functionality than poLCA for
the case of
only categorical data...
Do you know whether there is an explanation (some technical difficulty I
may be missing, I am Economist so it is very likely) of why I can fit a
Poisson, a logit latent class
model but not a conditional logit?

In fact, I started using R when I realize that my (very rudimentary) EM
script written in Matlab
had tons of problems to converge.
Now I start wondering if there is some specific situation I should be aware
of.

Thanks a lot again