[R] Trying to use chartSeries in quantmod

Adrian Berg adrian.berg92 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 04:10:54 CET 2011

> colnames = c("date","price")
> data = read.csv(file="data.csv", sep=",", header=F, nrows=261, skip=5, col.names=colnames)
> library(quantmod)
> data
          date   price
1   2011-12-18 13.7825
2   2011-12-11 13.5500
259 2007-01-07 10.8256
260 2006-12-31 10.8531
261 2006-12-24 10.8169

# Here's where I would like to use chartSeries from quantmod, but I'm
stumped, so I try several different things

> chartSeries(date, price, data=data)
Error in try.xts(x, error = "chartSeries requires an xtsible object") :
  chartSeries requires an xtsible object
> ?chartSeries
> chartSeries(date, price, type="candlesticks", theme = chartTheme("black"))
Error in try.xts(x, error = "chartSeries requires an xtsible object") :
  chartSeries requires an xtsible object
> chartSeries(date, price, type="candlesticks", theme = chartTheme("black"), subset='2007::2008-01')
Error in try.xts(x, error = "chartSeries requires an xtsible object") :
  chartSeries requires an xtsible object

Help is appreciated very much!