[R] Help for R parallelization

Alvaro Jose Abackerli abakerli at ipt.br
Sat Dec 17 13:23:26 CET 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a Brazilian researcher working in São Paulo – Brazil. I’ve being using R-software for many years with my students in some engineering applications, but up to now we've being using only in stand-alone mode in Windows and Mac platforms.

Right now I have available a multi-core system and I would like to test some parallelism capabilities of R, mainly as an incentive to the use free software in my organization (www.ipt.br<http://www.ipt.br>). There is also a secondary goal to move from commercial statistical software through the demonstration of a new performance by using our multi-core system with R.

Unfortunately, as a Mechanical engineer and a “basic” R-user I couldn’t get the “road map” I need from the available information , even after reading the attached paper.

Therefore, I am making this contact to check whether I could get some help from R-community to set as many R packages in our multi-core system as possible.

The remote access to our system would be easily arranged after a guided selection of the best strategy to reach our goals.

I would appreciate to hear from you and I thank you in advance.

Best Regards
[http://www.ipt.br/banco_imagens/318_maior.jpg]

Dr. Alvaro J Abackerli
Chief Operations Officer - COO