[R] R - Linux_SSH

Jan van der Laan rhelp at eoos.dds.nl
Wed Dec 14 18:50:58 CET 2011

What I did in the past (not with R scripts) is to start my jobs using
at (start the job at a specified time e.g. now) or batch (start the
job when the cpu drops below ?%)

at now "R CMD BATCH yourscript.R"

or

batch "R CMD BATCH yourscript.R"

something like that, you'll have to look at the man pages for at
and/or batch. You probably need something like atd running. I do not
know if current linux distributions have that running by default.
You'll get an email when the job is finished.

HTH
Jan

R CMD BATCH [options] my_script.R [outfile]