[R] nice report generator?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 18:52:16 CET 2011

On 07/12/2011 11:58 PM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Michael<comtech.usa at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >  Do you have an example...? Thanks a lot!
>
> See this video:
> http://www.woopid.com/video/1388/Format-as-Table

That shows how to manipulate tables in Excel, but it doesn't really end
up with something that I would consider good enough for printing.  Excel
is pretty nice at some database operations (selecting subsets by
checkboxes, etc.) and with some work it can do whatever you want, but I
don't think it is easy to produce a table that I would use in a paper or
presentation.  (Nor is it really easy in R, but I think it is easier,
given that I know R and LaTeX.  No question that it takes time to learn
those.)

Duncan Murdoch