[R] matrix of higher order differences

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Wed Apr 27 21:34:09 CEST 2011

My apologies in advance for being a bit off-topic, but I could not quell my curiosity.

What might one do with a matrix of all order finite differences?  It seems that such a matrix might be related to the Wronskian (its discrete analogue, perhaps).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wronskian

Ravi.
Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology School of Medicine Johns Hopkins University

Ph. (410) 502-2619