[R] Help me create a hyper-structure

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 16:39:03 CEST 2011

Alaios <alaios <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Dear all
> I would like to have in R a big struct containing a smaller struct.
>
> 1) I would like to have a small struct with the following three fields
> xorder (an integer ranging from 0 to 20)
> yorder (an integer ranging from 0 to 20)
> estimated (a 256*256 matrix)
>
> 2) I would like to have 10 elements of the struct above
> for that I wrote the following:

Estimationstruct <- function ( xorder, yorder, estimated) {
  list (xorder= xorder,
yorder=yorder,estimated=estimated)
}

per.sr.struct <- replicate(10,
             Estimationstruct(0L,0L,matrix(nrow=256,ncol=256)),
   simplify=FALSE)

> That one worked.
> per.sr.struct contains 10 elements and each one of that contains 1).

all.sr.struct <-   replicate(20,per.sr.struct,simplify=FALSE)

> The idea is to have 20 all.sr.stuct and each element
> to contain one per.sr.struct.

  I think you just missed simplify=FALSE in the last step ...