[R] The future of R - Ross Ihaka stirs discussions around the web

Albyn Jones jones at reed.edu
Mon Sep 13 23:06:03 CEST 2010

There was an award session at the Vancouver JSM where both Ross Ihaka
and Robert Gentleman spoke.  The simply-start-over post sounds very
much like Ross's JSM talk.  Robert's response was much more positive -
coming from the perspective of developing BioConductor I think.  I
don't recall the details, but the cartoon version is something like "R
isn't really broken".

albyn