[R] Help with unexpected symbol errors

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 23:56:09 CEST 2010

We would need to at least see 10 lines either side of the error to
understand its context.  Also take a look with you editor (hex editor
would be handy) to see if there is some unprintable character around
it.  Can you isolate just that portion of the code?  Try putting it
inside a function to see if it will at least be read in without a
syntax error.  This is where you start learning to debug your program
by executing pieces at a time, or in your case, at least "compiling"
the section of code by trying to source it in with a function to see
what happens.  You might have an unbalanced quote in your script.