[R] R package "kernlab" can not be properly loaded

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Nov 22 22:41:44 CET 2010

On Nov 22, 2010, at 3:55 PM, Xiaoqi Cui wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to load the package "kernlab" under R-v11 and R-v10, however
> it gave error message:
>
> Error in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib) :
>  shared library 'kernlab' not found
> In addition: Warning message:
> package 'kernlab' was built under R version 2.12.0
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'kernlab'

The current version of R and all of the packages in CRAN _is_ 2.12.0.

load()-ing packages that differ in their major versions is not
advisable and not guaranteed to succeed. The Contributed Packages page
of CRAN has at the very bottom a link to the package Archive.

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT