[R] clusters in evd package

dpender d.pender at civil.gla.ac.uk
Sat Nov 13 17:50:11 CET 2010

Hi,

I am using the clusters function in the evd package and was wondering if
anyone knew how to set the row names as date/time objects. My data has 1
column of date and time and another of wave height (H).

My two options are:

1 - When in import the data using read.table make sure that the row.names is
set = 1 giving row names to the H data.

2 - Import H from the data file and set the row names using row.names(H) <-
x where x is the data/time data.

The problem is when I try to use the cluster function on either I get the
following error:

> Clusters <- clusters(H, 3.0, r=144, plot=TRUE, cmax=TRUE, row.names=TRUE)

Error in xy.coords(x, y, xlabel, ylabel, log) :
  (list) object cannot be coerced to type 'double'
In addition: Warning message:
In min(diff(xdata)) : no non-missing arguments to min; returning Inf

Does anyone know how to set date/time row names in the cluster function?

Thanks,

Doug