[R] Installing randomForest on Ubuntu Errors

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Mon May 10 14:24:18 CEST 2010

Hello,

I've tried to install randomForest on a Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron system.

I've repeatedly rec'd the error:

> install.packages("randomForest", dependencies = TRUE)

ERROR:  compiliation failed for package 'randomForest'
** Removing '/home/admuser/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.6/randomForest'

The downloaded packages are in
   /tmp/RtmpkDsmTK/downloaded_packages
Warning message:
In install.packages("randomForest"", dependencies = TRUE) :
  installation of package 'randomForest' had a non-zero exit status

The package loads correctly on my windows box, but not on the linux side.

Is this package available for Ubuntu Linux, if so what should I do to
install it?

Thanks

Steve

Steve Friedman Ph. D.
Spatial Statistical Analyst
Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Park
950 N Krome Ave (3rd Floor)
Homestead, Florida 33034

Steve_Friedman at nps.gov
Office (305) 224 - 4282