[R] Error when invoking x11()

Alex Chelminsky achelminsky at csc.com
Tue May 4 22:37:00 CEST 2010

I'm running an instance of R under Solaris 10.(sun4u sparc). When I invoke
the x11() interface, I get the following error:

> x11()
Error in x11() : X11 module cannot be loaded
In addition: Warning message:
In x11() :
  unable to load shared library '/usr/local/lib/R/modules//R_X11.so':
  ld.so.1: R: fatal: libpangocairo-1.0.so.0: open failed: No such file or
directory)

The module is not present in my environment. Is there anything I need to
install for this to work?

Thanks

Alexander Chelminsky
Principal
CSC

GBS | p: +1 781 290 1620 | f: +1 781 890 1208 | m: +1 617 650 5453 |
achelminsky at csc.com | www.csc.com

delivery.
purpose.