[R] How could I use a function saved in one file ?

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon May 3 08:12:21 CEST 2010

Dear Lowie,

To use a function in R that you have saved in a file, you need to
source it in first (see ?source).  Try this,

source(file="pathtoyourfile/P_Value.R") #or whatever your file is named exactly

Once you do that, you should be able to use your function.  If you
always want it to load at startup, you can modify your Rprofile, I
believe. (see ?Rprofile)

Josh

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 11:19 AM, A-A_lowie li <lowieli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All:
>
>        I create a file named :"P_Value" with only one simple function:
>
>        P_Value <- function( Table ) {
>            S = fisher.test(Table, alternative = "two.sided");
>            return(S$p.value);
>        }
>
>        However, it seems that it's impossible to use this function
> directly, because no matter
>        where I save this file, R always reports a missing function. For
> example,
>
>       > M = matrix(c(25194,2783,307,20),2)
>       > P_Value(M)
>       Error: could not find function "P_Value"
>
>       Sincerely thanks a lot for any suggestions.
>
> Lowie
>
> --
> Without dream, life is incomplete!

Joshua Wiley