[R] From THE R BOOK -> Warning: In eval(expr, envir, enclos) : non-integer #successes in a binomial glm!

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Mar 30 18:08:16 CEST 2010

On Mar 30, 2010, at 11:19 AM, Corrado wrote:

> Dear David,
>
> David Winsemius wrote:
>> A) It is not an error, only a warning. Wouldn't it seem reasonable
>> to issue such a warning if you have data that violates the
>> distributional assumptions?
> I am not questioning the approach. I am only trying to understand
> why a (rather expensive) source of documentation and the behaviour
> of a function are not aligned.
>
>> B) You did not include any of the data
> Data attached as R object.
>> C) Wouldn't this be more appropriate to the author of the book if
>> this is "exactly what was suggested" there?
>>
> I think it will be definitively appropriate, but only when I am
> certain I am not doing anything wrong.

I don't understand this perspective. You bought Crowley's book so he
is in some minor sense in debt to you.  Why should you think it is
more appropriate to send your message out to thousands of readers of r-
help around the world (some of whom have written books that you did
not buy) before sending Crowley a question about his text?

> Regards
>
> --
> Corrado Topi
> PhD Researcher