[R] Convert number to Date

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 22:09:16 CET 2010

You are quite welcome.  After poking around a bit more, I can offer a
more detailed explanation on Excel.  It does treat 1 January 1900 as
the origin.  However, while R treats origin as 0, Excel treats it as
1.  This explains 1 of the two day change needed for R to get the same
results as Excel.  The second day is explained by the fact that Excel
treats the year 1900 as a leap year, although it is, in fact, not a
leap year.  To correct for this, the date specified as origin in R
must be a day earlier.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 1:58 PM, anna <lippelanna24 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Josh! yes definitely it makes sense as I got to retrieve a date, but a
> different one! thanks a lot for the explanation )
>
> -----
> Anna Lippel
> --

Joshua Wiley